Extended Day Staff Member, Part-time
The Ellis School is seeking an energetic, responsible individual who loves working with children to fill a part-time position in our After-school Program. A willingness to work as part of a team providing a safe and fun environment for elementary school girls in pre-kindergarten through grade 4 is required. Experience working with children is preferred.
The position runs September through June. Regular hours are from 2:00–6:00 p.m. daily; however, full days may be required as predetermined throughout the school year.
- To take attendance of students upon arrival and take charge of student dismissal
- To supervise active play in the gym and on the playground
- To help prepare snacks
- To supervise activities in various meeting and play spaces
- To support Extended Day staff working in Middle School
- To know and follow the rules of the School and remind students to do the same when in attendance in the Extended Day Program
- To be energetic and interact with students
- To work cooperatively with colleagues
- To show up consistently and on time for duties
- Occasional lifting may be required
- Must be 18 years of age or a high school graduate
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19
- Understanding of the developmental needs of youth, specifically those ages 3-9, and the demonstrated ability to supervise active children
- A strong sense of community and teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Hourly wages begin at $15; paid monthly.