Ellis Middle School students immerse themselves in the cultures of the past. Through a variety of teaching methods and practices, Ellis girls bring history to life by:
- Building models of Greek City-states
- Acting as lords, ladies, and peasants during a Medieval Faire
- Blogging as Patriots and Loyalists during the American Revolution
- Becoming Supreme Court Justices to decide Bill of Rights cases
- Researching and reporting on important 20th Century events
Ellis girls gain confidence and independence, empowering them to act rather than observe. Our challenging, cumulative, and sequential curriculum promotes honest academic inquiry. Students analyze, evaluate, and synthesize historical evidence in order to understand the complexities of the modern interconnected world.