A highly personalized approach to college counseling
Every Ellis student receives individual guidance to support her college search. College advising is woven into the curriculum; every Ellis student takes a two-year college preparatory seminar during her junior and senior years. This seminar includes a professionally orchestrated college visit, so that your daughter knows how to get the most out of college visits when your family is touring.
The Ellis program includes:
- A thorough understanding of each girl’s academic and extracurricular strengths—and an exploration of what she wants in her college experience
- College recommendations from faculty and staff that reflect their deep knowledge of each and every student
- In-house ACT/SAT test prep (Ellis is the only regional school to offer this)
- College interview workshops
- Reviews of and assistance with college essays and applications
- Guidance related to positioning each student for scholarships and merit-based aid
- FAFSA support, interpretation of financial aid packages, and advising related to financial aid appeals
Ellis Applicants are Sought-After
Admission officers from more than 100 colleges and universities make recruiting visits to the Ellis campus each year.
Parents are Trusted Partners
Ellis offers programs that empower parents of students in grades 9–12 to navigate the college application process. We want to help you and your daughter find the best college for her without the anxiety that many parents have come to expect as part of the process.
Ellis Faculty are Supportive
Ellis faculty actively support students in the college application process and receive related professional development on an ongoing basis.